Just got back this week from camping in Idaho and we had a blast! Aaron, Adam, Ali, Justin, Eden, Ben, Jon, Thomas, Cindy, John, and I went camping near Stanley, Idaho. Tom and Joan came up the second day we were there and it was so much fun to have them with us. The mountains were absolutely beautiful and I loved our campsite. We had a little river right behind us (Aaron caught a little fish almost every morning and Adam gobbled it up for breakfast), and a bathroom really close (which was especially handy when it was 23 degrees at night!!!). We came up in the middle of the week, so we had the entire campsite to ourselves (that was nice since the last day we were there everyone and their dog came up with their campers!). It was so much fun to watch Adam and Ali and Justin's kids play together. Adam and Thomas didn't know quite what to think of eachother at first, but I think they warmed up by the end of the week. We had fabulous gourmet campfire meals cooked by our very own Cindy. Seriously, who else is awesome enough to cook steak and salmon for dinner while camping? Besides the fact that she dominated the jiffy-pop :). All in all it was a great family camping week. Since it would take me forever to talk about what I enjoyed, I'm going to list the rest of my favorite things.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. Trying not to freeze in 23 degree weather at night by doubling up sleeping bags, while Aaron and I cuddled with Adam so he wouldn't be babysicle in the morning 2. Aaron chopping wood and starting the campfires 3. Ali and John's cobblers 4. The day hike 5. Spending time with Eden, Ben, and Jon 6. Talking around the campfire 7. The hot springs 8. Driving past the Sawtooths 9. Ali and I trying to help Cindy set up a canopy which eventually was blown over by the wind :) 10. Thomas crawling through our campsite as we were packing up 11. The best french fries ever for lunch on our way home 12. Ordering and eating Indian food with Ali, Justin, Aaron, John, and Cindy 13. Eating pizza twice in one week!
Additionally, Adam and I got to stay two extra days at John and Cindy's. Our United flight was delayed and we were going to have to stay at a hotel in Chicago and then fly home the next day to D.C. and then finally to Richmond. I just thought that would be a nightmare for poor little Adam, so Aaron went home because he had to be back at work (what a trooper :)). It was a great week and Aaron even cleaned up our apartment before I came home!
1 comment:
Conk Conk and Cool Whip? Now, there's some handles for ya. Buddy I'm used to . .. Looks like a lot of fun- wish we could have joined you!
Post a Comment