Adam really wanted a bite of my sandwich
Our picnic spot
Adam and Aunt Emily
Chalk art on grandma and grandpa's driveway

Adam loved his lawnmower ride with Grandpa
Grandma and Adam
Brushing his bigga boy teeth
Legos with Dada
Trains!
Adam's "spot"
I put this jacket on to see if it still fit, and Adam didn't want to take it off
So I've been a little better about taking more pictures, but now I've been lazy about posting them :). We recently visited my parents the weekend before Labor Day and had a great time! It was nice to be able to visit Aaron's parents and mine before summer ended. Adam loves them both very much and I love watching him interact with them.
Adam has recently discovered his love for cars, trucks, and any vehicle with wheels for that matter (except motorcycles, he separated them from the tub of cars at my mom's house). He loves to line them up on one particular windowsill that is partially blocked by moving boxes. He will just stand there and slowly move each car and make car noises. I tried to move him to a windowsill that was free from obstruction, and Adam moved each car back to his "spot". I love my little Adam, he is so much fun to watch. He has also discovered his love for walking/toddler running. His other morning ritual consists of walking up to our front door while looking back at me and asks to go outside in his jibberish. I then ask him to get his shoes and after we locate them, he sits down on my lap and we equip him for his morning stroll. I swear that kid would walk forever if he could. He gets so upset if I try to redirect him or take him back home. Buddy claims Adam will be the youngest marathon runner, and I think he might be right.
For Labor Day weekend we just stayed in Fredericksburg since the traffic out of town is horrendous. On saturday we ran our errands in the morning and then the afternoon we grabbed lunch at subway and had a family picnic in Downtown Fredericksburg. It was really cool 'cause we had the entire park to ourselves! It was so peaceful and just a cool moment. It was such a nice day out that we decided to walk the mainstreet in Downtown Fredericksburg. I always enjoy walking down that street with all the history, antique shops and other cool stores. Sunday we forgot our ward's time changed and we got ready for church twice :). Monday we continued our laid back weekend and just enjoyed the nice weather and then we perused the Labor Day sales at the mall. So it was a relaxed weekend, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Now that summer is over, we are putting all of our focus on our move at the end of this month. I'm excited, but I can't wait until we're done and settled.
4 comments:
Adam is getting so big! I bet you are loving being closer to your parents. Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend :) I'll have to visit Fredericksburg when I visit Richmond next month. Looks like an interesting place.
That's funny that everyone heads OUT of town for Labor Day so you have the park to yourself. I loved looking at all of the pictures. Adam is so cute.
Emily must be your sister, Carina. She looks so much like you.
We didn't dare visit my parents on Labor Day weekend, we knew the traffic would be a nightmare going through D.C. Having the whole park to ourselves was so cool, even the surrounding streets were empty. So it almost felt like we had the whole town to ourselves!
Congrats on the house! Maybe we can go back to Fredericksburg on a playdate now that you're moving. :)
Post a Comment