Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween!

I had to get a side shot to show his little feathers
My little indian
I don't know if you can see, but the spider is hanging from a web
A Spider!
What's in that pumpkin?


My little helper scooping out some seeds
Adam's pumpkin puzzle



Now that Adam is older, Halloween has been so much fun this year! I started by making a calendar and put a picture of a pumpkin on Halloween. So every morning I help Adam put the date on the calendar, then I ask him where the pumpkin is (he points to it and mumbles something maybe, kinda, sorta close to pumpkin), and then we count how many days to the pumpkin. One week while grocery shopping, Adam picked out a little pumpkin for 50 cents and he enjoys carrying "his" pumpkin around. Some of the other things we did were: leaf rubbings, apple prints with paint, collecting leaves and counting them, a felt pumpkin puzzle, etc. I think I've had just as much fun as Adam has. It's so much fun to watch his reaction to each new activity. A couple of nights ago we carved our very first pumpkin! Although fascinated by what I was doing to the pumpkin, Adam was a little hesitant to touch or reach into it. He eventually warmed up and even started to put the pieces I had cut out back into the pumpkin (just like our puzzle!). Tonight we had our ward Halloween party and Adam went as a little Indian. My mom sent the loincloths and a breastplate that we wore as kids. Adam wasn't crazy about the breastplate, so I had to get a shirt and paint one on to it. Then as I looked and looked for a sweatband for his little feathers, all I could find was Adult size. Well, the Gabrielsen head came in handy 'cause that sucker fit like a glove. Well, he was the cutest little Indian if I do say so myself :0).

3 comments:

Liesl Law said...

very cute! Hope you are/did survive with your hubby away!

Joan Morris said...

He's such a cute little Indian. You can use his costume for Thanksgiving too :) It was so fun seeing you all last night. You have such a cute home.

Carina said...

We did survive, thanx Liesel! I'm glad we got to see you Joan, while you were here. It was fun to have you guys over to the house :0).