Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day - Bruneau Sand Dunes

Robot Adam
We drove past this mural on our way back from the dunes. Is everyone as confused as I am? Seriously, what is this mural supposed to be?
Spidey Aaron (Adam has been obsessed with Spiderman lately, so he loved this)
Doesn't it look like Scout is giving John a ride?
Walking down the Dunes
Poor little guy, it was a windy day

It's a tough climb, you can do it Adam!
Almost there Cindy!

Howdy
Adam's stealth mode
Aaron forgot to bring his jacket so John loaned this awesome windbreaker to him
Aren't they cute?
Our fabulous picnic made by Cindy
Logan LOVES his Bumbo, thanks Nielsens!
One tired little Logan

We had so much fun over the Memorial Day weekend. On Friday, we went out to eat with John and Cindy. We ate at a little Mexican restaurant in downtown Caldwell, Janitzio, that I've been wanting try. It was so yummy! There was a little Mexican bakery next door and we jogged over to grab a couple of empenadas for dessert afterwards. It had been raining earlier, so we were worried we wouldn't be able to visit Adam's grave. Luckily it let up by the time we were done eating, so we brought flowers to his grave and watched "Shaun the sheep" over and John and Cindy's. Saturday we went bowling with the Putnams, Gabrielsens, Sarantis's, and friends. It was Adam's first time bowling and he LOVED it (and I forgot the camera). Rhonda brought pizza and we just had a grand ole time (I bowled my worst ever, but I think trying to multi-task contributed to my low score). Monday we headed out to Bruneau Sand Dunes with John and Cindy. Cindy packed a delicious picnic and then we hit the Dunes. It was so much fun watching Adam, the dogs catch the frisbee, and of course climbing the Dunes. On our way back home, John and Cindy invited us over for Burgers. Let me tell you, John makes a mean burger and Cindy's homemade fries were amazing (Aaron made some pretty awesome potato chips too). Well that's the end of the Memorial Day weekend festivities, we had so much fun!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! Loved the pic of Scout giving uncle John a ride, LOL!!

Joan Morris said...

What a fun weekend. I love the sand dunes and picnics! Hopefully we can get together with you this summer :)

Kay Hinton said...

I loved reading about your weekend. I remember the sand dunes from long ago. Fun times.

Pal & Hatty said...

You had a great mweekend! I love all of your fun pictures! Your boys are both getting older and bigger! You have a cute family!

buddy said...

Best ever dune day!

aaron said...

I think I look a little like a Chinese spider man.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That looks so fun!!!