Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer

     Where has the summer gone?  In the beginning summer always feels like it can sprawl on forever, and then that last week hits.  This summer has been yet another blur, but it was packed with lots of fun!  The boys have become best buddies and it is so fun to watch them play and interact together.  
     Adam is a great big brother (most of the time) and he will be starting his second year of preschool this year.  I signed him up for soccer over the summer to see if it would pique his interest.  He liked it for 2 1/2 practices and then he let us know he wasn't quite ready yet :).  I signed him up for piano lessons as well that will start in September, so we will see how that goes.  Over the summer we started giving Adam an allowance for his chores and he has been diligent (with just a few reminders) in making sure he gets them done throughout the week.  After our family home evening lesson about tithing he asked every Sunday if it was time to pay tithing.  The night before Fast Sunday I helped him get his tithing ready and we placed it on his nightstand so he wouldn't forget to take it to church.  It was so cute how he carefully tucked it into his scripture bag and I loved the sweet expression on his face when he walked up and handed his very own tithing to the bishop.  It was a neat moment, I was really proud of him.  Lastly, Adam has been really interested in sea creatures.  It's been a lot of fun borrowing books from the library and learning about a new sea creature every night with him.
     Logan is 3 months and a week away from turning 2!  I'm a little sad that he's not a baby anymore, but I absolutely love this age and I don't miss the sleepless nights.  Logan's little personality has really come out over the summer and it's been so fun learning his likes/dislikes and interests.  He is all boy and he loves his "Kucks" (trucks).  Logan's favorite truck is of course John's truck.  Anytime he sees Cindy, or John, or if we're over at their house he wants to know if he can ride in "Buddy's Kuck".  John has given him a ride the past couple of Sundays, so the first thing Logan asks for when we tell him it's Sunday is "Buddy's Kuck".  When we go over to John and Cindy's Logan will pester John and pull on his hand the whole time until Buddy gives in and takes him for a ride.  He also loves "choo-choos", airplanes, and "copters".  He loves riding his little bike and loves to play "bak-e-ball" (basketball).  He also enjoys reading about his favorite vehicles and will finally sit through an entire book if it is about one of these topics.  His vocabulary has exploded this summer and that's been fun as well!   Some of his words are: mease (me + please), yesh (yes + head nod), hotgog (hotdog, which he will eat hot or cold), tirsty (thirsty), ahpple (apple), book, socks, shoes, bike, ouside (outside), esus (Jesus), thank you, teat (treat), etc.  Speaking of treats, Logan has quite a sweet tooth.  He likes pretty much any treat, but his favorite are lollipops.  It is pretty funny to see how excited he gets when he spots one while we're grocery shopping or at Grammie's.  
    I apologize for boring anyone, but I felt like I needed to do a little journal entry so I don't forget all the fun and cute things that happened this summer :).
 Adam and Logan often like to sit together
 A picture we mailed to my mom
 Logan enjoying a "teat" at Grammie Cindy's
 A princess cake for Emelia over the 4th of July weekend
 Eden and Clay
 Clay's famous 4th of July popcorn bowl "hat"
 Logan with my mom at McCall
 Adam playing in the sand
 This was Logan's first beach experience :)

Logan was super buoyant!

 Super toddler!
 Silly boys trying to move the rock
 Adam and my mom at the Boise Zoo
 Adam and Logan love this Jeep at the Zoo

 Logan after Pioneer day at John's Stake
 Adam in his pioneer outfit
 Adam at soccer practice
 The sign we made for Daddy after he got his Private Helicopter License!
 Adam and my Mom
 Riding a rocket at the Canyon County Fair
 Boys and their cars :)
Adam and Logan wearing the ties my Mom got them.  Aren't they handsome?

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

What precious boys you have! They are indeed handsome! You will be so glad that you recorded all these things they said and did now when they are older. I love to read the journals I kept when my children were small!

Ami said...

Great pictures! Your boys are so darling. You're inspiring me to catch up on my own blog...