I'm so excited to go and visit my parents and sister this upcoming week. It feels like it's been an eternity since Christmas. Unfortunately Aaron will be traveling again, but I am grateful for the opportunity to visit with my family. I am also very grateful for Aaron providing for us. I know I probably don't thank him enough for going to work everyday, and I probably take it for granted, but I really appreciate all his hard work. He will have another business trip from the 19th of Feb. thru the 6th of March. While he is gone this time I have the privilege of visiting John and Cindy in Idaho. Yay, I am so excited. They were kind and generous enough to use their frequent flyer miles to fly Adam and I out to visit, and then to Ami's wedding. It will be so nice to see them. I didn't realize how much I loved living in Idaho and how close I had grown with Aaron's family until we moved. It's been tough being so far away from them and with Aaron traveling so much. It's nice being closer to my family, but when we lived in Idaho we were only 20 min. from John and Cindy. Here in Virginia we're 5 hrs. at least from my parents. Seeing this as a learning experience though, I have had to be more independent, and Aaron and I have been reminded we are a team and we function better when we work together. I really struggled when we first moved here, but I knew wallowing in self pity would do me no good. So I have kept myself busy by trying to serve others (therefore not thinking about myself so much), and numerous other activites to get me out of the house. I am happy to report it is working, :0). I still have my Idaho/Mom/Cindy/Dad/John homesick days, but that's normal right? I know we're supposed to be here (even when I second guess), and I know I'm learning and growing. I think though, if the opportunity arrises and if the time is right, I would def move back to Idaho. Before Aaron brought me back to Idaho for the first time, I never thought I'd say that, but I've discovered I'm an Idaho girl.
P.S. Mom and Dad just need to move to Idaho so I don't have to feel torn between the west and east coast.
2 comments:
We'll have to get together while you're here! Sarah P. and Eva get here on Feb. 25 so I'm hoping to plan the King Cake party for that week!
Wow, what perfect timing! That sounds like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it.
Post a Comment