Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two Year Temple Trip

For our two year anniversay, Aaron and I were able to attend the Temple. Yay! It was so nice to be able to go on our first date in 5 months! Oh my gosh that sounds so long when it's written. Anyway, we were nervous about finding a babysitter, since we had a built in sitter back home in Idaho (Grandma Cindy). We found a wonderful young lady in our ward who asked us if she could watch Adam, and who just happened to be 14 and redcross certfied. What more can you ask for? Now that we had our sitter secured, we could go to the temple. The night before I was packing Adam's bag and getting ready for the next day, when I decided to make sure I had my recommend. For those of you who know me, I pride myself in being pretty organized, or as organized as you can be in a Gabrielsen world. So when I looked in my usual recommend spot and discovered it was missing, I was little distraught. I figured I didn't need to panick just yet, it could be in a couple of places. After looking all over our apt. and still no luck, I said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me find it. I went to bed that night with still no recommend. The next morning I had decided that we were going to the temple no matter what. Just then I felt prompted to look in my wallet (which I had already checked last night), and wouldn't you know, my recommend was behind my driver's license. I was so excited, that is until I saw that it had expired. O well, I assumed the attitude, "we're going no matter what" and we were on our way. When we arrived at the temple, the worker confirmed what we already knew, that my recommend had expired. I was ready to settle in to the waiting area, when another worker told us he could try and contact our bishop and stake presidency member. Well, he worked his magic and got a hold of our bishop who was driving back from Indiana and a counselor in the stake presidency who had just given a blessing at the hospital. I felt bad for inconveniencing them, especially after seeing behind the scenes from John, but I felt like this was important (plus a current recommend might come in handy for Ami's wedding). So we made it to the temple at long last and had a wonderful day. Did I forget to mention, our babysitter doesn't charge for temple dates? We felt very blessed and look forward to more temple trips. P.S. Joan, we saw Johnathon Cardon at the temple. P.S.S. Adam turns 1yr. old in a month!

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

What a great story! I knew Sara and Jonathan went to the temple last Saturday. How ironic that you were there too! Cool! I'm glad the expired recommend didn't discourage you.