Friday, October 10, 2008

Virginia!

Since our last blog the Gabrielsen's have successfully moved to Fredericksburg, Virginia. Aaron is enjoying and succeeding at his new job while Adam, Hank (the newest member of our family), and I are holding down the fort. Yes you read right, we have a puppy. Hank is a lab/hound mix and a ball of energy. Why did we get a dog do you ask? Well, my wedding ring fell off at a restaurant (very scary!) in Maryland. Don't worry I got it back; phew. Aaron was very sweet and presented the ring back to me by stringing it on a ribbon and tying it around Hank's neck. Very romantic, but I am def. paying for losing my ring. Anyway, so we are all unpacked and Adam is adjusting to both our new home and Hank.
I am enjoying being closer to my family, but so sad to be so far away from mom#2 and dad#2 a long with the rest of Aaron's family in Idaho. Moving is exciting, but once the dust has settled, you forget how hard it is to make new friends and get used to the new area. I know we're supposed to be here though, so I am optimistic.
Adam is getting so big! I can't believe he's almost 8 months old! He hasn't figured the crawling thing out, but he's rolling all over the place and sitting strong. I have so much fun watching him figure out this world. I could never have imagined how much I could love him.

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

Thanks for the update. I wondered how you were doing after the move. That will be fun to be in Fredericksburg. Lots of Civil War history and nice to be closer to your family. Adam is getting so big. He is so cute! We miss you!